Reports to: Engineering Manager
Department: 310 – Design Engineering
Pay Status: Non-exempt, Pay Grade IX ($24.00-36.00) Plus Paid Overtime
eligible for the bonus program
Complete module assembly and detail drawings using solid works on a timely basis while maintaining quality standards. Perform various calculations such as strength of materials, weights, and stresses, frequently using charts and tables. Understand bills of material and routings. Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Determine best design to meet customers requirements
- Prepare 2D and 3D vehicle and part layouts
- Design large assemblies
- Complete detail drawings for new or improved products
- Design module on new platforms as required
- Complete bid drawings for customers and dealers
- Attend trade shows and seminars as needed
- Meet with vendors and suppliers on products
- Update vehicle standards as needed
- Involvement in RDT and other business meetings
- Participate or lead product improvement teams
- Manage and coordinate special engineering projects as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience required, Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred
- Five (5) to six (6) years of design / 3D modeling experience, SolidWorks with SolidWorks PDM preferred
- Sound knowledge of engineering theory and design criteria.
- Successfully pass a pre-employment drug test, as well as random, reasonable suspicion and post-accident drug and alcohol tests.
- Physical requirements includes: regularly required to walk, talk and hear, reach with hands and arms, stand, crouch and kneel; frequently required to use hand to finger dexterity in order to handle objects, tools, and/or controls; occasionally required to stoop or crawl.