Reports to: Engineering Manager
Department: 310 – Engineering
Pay Status: Non-exempt, Pay Grade X
Ensures product compliance with industry regulations through knowledge of regulatory agencies, standards and policies.
1. Understand industry regulations impacting product manufactured by Company through researching and identifying applicable regulatory and industry compliance standards and codes.
2. Identify short-term and long-range product compliance concerns and opportunities and develop compliance policies.
3. Ensure product planning and design teams account for and incorporate all applicable industry regulations and policies into practice.
4. Review design data and identify/resolve product design concerns as it relates to compliance.
5. Develop compliance plans by researching, analyzing, selecting, and applying compliance engineering concepts, approaches, techniques, and criteria; adapting and modifying compliance engineering options; developing and evaluating new compliance methodologies; qualifying vendors, components, and parts.
6. Organize compliance program by preparing timetables, cost estimates, and required resources including test laboratories and equipment.
7. Determine compliance by establishing compliance test standards; conducting and witnessing tests; performing diagnostic procedures; measuring performance; analyzing and evaluating findings; performing forensic analysis of failures; troubleshooting failures; supervising sub-contractors.
8. Attain compliance by isolating and resolving non-compliance issues; recommending product and process changes; initiating engineering change orders.
9. Document compliance by completing approval applications; recording test results; preparing investigative reports; preparing and filing Declarations of Conformity; maintaining compliance database.
10. Maintain engineering team accomplishments by reviewing open issues and action items; coordinating actions; contributing information and analysis to team meetings and reports.
11. Prepare compliance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing measurement data and trends.
12. Update job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging compliance engineering practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities and professional organizations; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks.
13. Enhance engineering and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
1. Assist in the maintenance of the annual C/FMVSS, NHTSA Reporting, Ford QVM, chassis vendor audits, recalls, in addition to NFPA 1917, KKK-A-1822, CAAS GVS 1.0, and individual State requirements and compliance documents.
2. Promote design process awareness to anticipate and avoid potential delays in design and VAR release.
3. Complete special mechanical design projects as assigned, including but not limited to R&D, new product development, model year changes, tooling, fixturing, and manufacturing engineering.
4. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor degree in applicable engineering discipline with three (3) years of related regulatory/compliance experience.
2. Strong personal leadership and communication abilities.
3. Proficient in Excel, Outlook, Access, Word, Power Point, Solid Works and AutoCad.
4. Demonstrated proficiency in the implementation and use of quality assurance methods.
5. Successfully pass a pre-employment drug test, as well as, random, reasonable suspicion and post-accident drug and alcohol tests thereafter.
6. Physical requirements: regularly required to stand, crouch, and kneel; frequently required to walk, reach with hands and arms and to use hands and fingers to feel objects, tools and components; occasionally required to stoop or crawl and the ability to talk and hear.