Reports to: Remount Team Leader, Remount Manager
Department: 1100 – Remount
Pay Status: Non-exempt, Pay Grade VI ($16.50 – $22.00)
SUMMARY: Performs all required service work for vehicles as a part of our commitment to excellence, customer satisfaction, and our warranty agreement and/or customer requirements in the time designated. Service work to include fabrication, welding, bodywork, paint, vehicle prep, vehicle assembly, cabinet assembly, electrical installation, troubleshooting, cleaning and inspection processes and anything additional required to meet our customer’s needs and expectations.
- Review and interpret service orders for warranty repairs and customer change requests.
- Coordinate functions, processes and timelines for vehicle completion.
- Perform all service related repair tasks, with some assistance on specialty skill functions.
- Communicate with customers during pick-up and delivery of service vehicles.
- High level of communication with Sales
- Communicate and interact with dealers, service centers and customers directly, via telephone or email.
- Keep assigned area clean and orderly.
- Provide personal tool box and a base set of assembly and repair tools.
- Ability to travel with little notice if or when needed.
- Assist in other areas as dictated by work volume.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior work experience with all or the majority of the skills and functions listed in the summary above.
- Good technical aptitude – understanding of vehicles, electrical systems, and mechanical devices required.
- Completion of EVT/ASE Certification is required within one year of hire into Certified Service Tech position (continued employment in this position contingent on certification).
- Completion of CDL Certification within 6 months of hire into Certified Service Tech position (continued employment in this position contingent on certification).
- Pass a Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) prior to employment and annually thereafter, as needed
- No more than two moving violation in past three years
- No violations involving controlled substance
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic computer skills with the ability to learn additional systems as needed.
- Successfully pass a pre-employment drug test, as well as random, reasonable suspicion and post-accident drug and alcohol tests.
- Physical requirements includes the ability to lift and move up to 100 pounds with assistance, regularly required to walk, talk and hear, reach with hands and arms, stand, crouch and kneel; frequently required to use hand to finger dexterity in order to handle objects, tools, and/or controls; occasionally required to stoop or crawl.